Top performance executive offering a diverse background in manufacturing engineering in a high-tech environment, and an expertise in product development, pricing, sales and marketing, revenue analysis and learning management systems.
Project Budget & Costing
Business & Financial Modeling
Internal and External Presentation
Staffing & Team Building
New Market Development
Bachelor of Arts Economics, Western Washington University Bellingham, WA Certified MS Project, 2000
California Artisans, Inc., San Diego, CA
An architectural finish company supporting interior designers, architects and contractors for commercial and residential consumers in the greater southern California region. Initially a startup with revenues under $50,000 the company grew to exceed $25000 per annum with several employees and subcontractors. Responsibilities included all hiring, management, reports, marketing, product development, quality and installation
AtomicTangerine, Inc., San Francisco, CA
6/2000 - 12/2000
Atomic Tangerine, Inc. is a 3-year venture-consulting firm providing businesses with internal performance systems to support HR, marketing, branding, revenue generation, and information security. Recruited to reengineer and jump-start the stalled e-learning project, which was funded and underwritten by the DuPont corporation to build and launch InfoSecU, a virtual university offering the first to market "Information Security" product.
Project Management, Strategic Partnerships
Marketing & Brand Development
* Directed a team of 54 employees in web development, curriculum design, and operations management, through an in-depth program evaluation and competitive market analysis. Recommended product customizations to the meet customer expectations, and improve marketing strategies to assist in developing brand initiatives for successfully pre-launch positioning efforts.
* Represented InfoSecU at industry conferences and e-learning conferences, and identified critical strategic alliances with brick and mortar universities, courseware vendors, distributors, and outsourcing partnerships. delivering a substantial impact on incremental revenue opportunities. Successfully produced 11 courses in 12 in collaboration with Stanford Research International, Menlo Park, CA.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Seattle, WA
5/1979 - 10/1999
Promoted to lead individual project teams through various stages of the largest re-engineering project in the world to migrate from legacy systems to ERP/MRP2 systems. Applied manufacturing methods to study requirements of new processes and systems development, and to evaluate and analyze processes and products associated with product definition, product builds, and associated support services. Specifically charged with developing role, flows, desktop procedures, user guides and attachments, train the trainer training materials, and presentation materials.
Project Management, Curriculum Development, On-Line Training
* Worked on a team of 23 technical staff in the design and development of 13 courses targeted toward skilled, subject matter experts (SMEs) demonstrating all phases of new manufacturing engineering processes. Developed on-line training materials for knowledge transfer, frequently asked questions, web reports access, integrated design team decisions, and process documentation, which included cross-functional flows, on-line help, users guides and tip sheets.
Process Engineering Analyst (1990-1995)
Manufacturing Planner (1980-1990)
Key member of the manufacturing engineering team creating plans for a series of airplane development projects from the 767, to the latest 21st century airplane the 777. Planned and defined project scope, and made appropriate recommendations for change to ensure ability of project team to meet improvement targets. Directed implementation of new methods and technologies to improve process metrics, and ensure implementation and resolve technical and production issues.
Process Improvement, Technology Enhancement & Quality Controls
* Led teams in evaluating highly complex manufacturing processes, and conduct root cause analysis in order to identify and develop innovative technology and process solutions. Applied technical expertise in planning and directing process improvement projects, and responsible for the design and implementation of enhancements to processes within engineering, fabrication and assembly, materials handling, distribution systems, and organizational structure.
* Directed the development of the manufacturing statement of work, and oversaw assigned work functions to deliver high quality and on-time completion of manufacturing, tooling and specification plans. Ensured compliance with applicable contract and regulatory requirements, and lead cross functional teams through the resolution of complex shop and production issues. Responsible for scheduling, cost estimates, and technical training programs.
Manufacturing Planner Work Description: Project Planner for the manufacturing engineering team creating plans for a series of airplane development projects from the 747, 737. Planned and defined project scope, and made appropriate recommendations for change to ensure ability of project team to meet improvement targets. Directed implementation of new methods and technologies to improve process metrics, and ensure implementation and resolve technical and production issues.